Today, I would like to give some tips about how to score highest mark in Paper 3, Biology. These guidelines is created by one of our Biology Senior Teacher, Mr. Zolkofli Awang, from MRSM Kepala Batas, Penang. If you have any problems to understand all the tips given, don't be hesitate to contact me through my email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. So.. Here are the tips...
PAPER 3 STRUCTURE
(a) FORMULAE 1: Technique in Reading Questions.
· Read the stem of the questions UNDERLINED & MARK
· Re-write MV [cMV, aMV], RV [cRV, aRV] & CV
· DON'T ANSWER the questions until you identified the variables
· Use magic box*
(b) FORMULAE 2: Measuring using numbers
· Read/Measure/count + decimal point (if compulsory) + Unit
(c) FORMULAE 3: Observation
· COPY title of the table* = MV + CRV and construct a sentence
· Don't use your own words
· No need to compare
*if the data / experiment result are displayed in a table
(d) FORMULAE 4: Inference
· ..... (give reason) because + ARV
· Find a theory, why the phenomenon happened
· Relate between aMV and aRV
I think that's all for this time. I will continue with other tips in the next entry especially the 'Magic Box' mentioned in Formulae 1. May all these tips help you a lot during answering all the questions in Paper 3. All the best for you. Good luck!